I updated this to macos Big Sur. The program still works! That's due to all the changes I made this year. One funny thing is that the java JDK 15
os.version property for Big Sur is the misnomer
10.16. It should be
11.1. Apparently the system will return
10.16 for code linked before Big Sur. This will keep old client code able to "check" for monotonically increasing version numbers. Basically my experience tells me to never check the OS version to see if something will work, so Apple provided the best workaround for those folks as possible. Pretty clever. #
Ever since Catalina, my Music has been missing over 160 artwork images. If you search the internet, it's reported often. Here's a one liner swift to print them all (but you have to sign the binary because... iTunes).
Now I'll get that to bulid a URL using Apple's MusicKit API, and I'll have solved the problem using their own API. Not sure why they can't fix this themselves. #
Oscar got some new shoes, and could not wait to show me how fast he was with them. Oscar told me he has code names for himself. They are secret. Oscar made up a serialized chapter book series today, and made drawings for the covers. Oscar can climb higher than ever before at the playground. #